Wednesday, April 30, 2008

i've got sunshine in a bag.

defined


carpe diem - Latin. seize the day; enjoy the present, as opposed to placing all hope in the future



Once again, this just backs up "Fuck Tommorrow". I feel like maybe I've had things all wrong. I been trying to go against things that aren't right without realizing that without unrighteous beings or things, there wouldn't be righteous ones. That's something that I should've known, since one of my deepest thinking sessions was about the yin and the yang. You can't have one without the other. Now I want to help people by lifting oppression and all, but how can I help those who don't want the help, or at least try to help themselves. I rolled with those who said we need to walk a righteous path and live a positive life, yet they wreck anything in their path. They strike without warning or cause, and that is not the act of a king. More like a dictator. But that life seems to be fading from me. I wanted to even after they did what they did, but I got one life to live. I want to enjoy it. I've already thrown away a piece of my life and everytime I look at that fraction of my life, it gets bigger. But I can only imagine what it must be like to go through life being somewhere you don't wanna be. I mean I wanna be in New York as opposed to being in Florida, but there's some that live in poverty and cannot escape it. And those spending their lives in prison. Who are you to decide where someone spends their only life? God is the judge and the jury. So I'm done just following the system, I'm done just doing what is expected of me. I'm going to go through life as I please. Maybe I'll make it to the NBA. Maybe I'll get a record deal. Maybe I'll die tommorow. Who knows? So why sit around just around livin uncomfortably? Live how you wanna and don't let oppurtunities to be happy pass you by.


Just a little something thats been on my mind. =)


Ever since I started this blog I've noticed some NBA players have a blog. It's on the website and I have an account on NBA.com. My favorite has to be Gilbert Arenas. There is alot of publicity around it but when I read it, he spoke about the emotions that run through one's mind in a basketball game. Especially during the playoffs, a basketball game can be very emotional. He stays competitive though and even started a heated rivalry between his team, the Washington Wizards, and Lebron James and his Cleveland Cavaliers. They are currently playing in the first round and Cleveland is up 3 games to 2, with the momentum in Washingtons favor however. Of all series, this has to be my favorite to watch so far. You can just feel the tension. The feeling you have with the game on the line with just 3.9 seconds left on the clock and you are down by 2 is just amazing. I've felt it before. It's like your at war and you have a rifle pointed at a group of people and 1 of them is the enemy and about 13 of em are your allies. If you hit him, you are a hero. If you miss, it could hurt your team. But the intensity is the same.



I wrote an ill ass verse during 2nd period but I lost it.=/Besides working on verses, I been preparing for the end of the year. It kinda depresses me how I missed out on my high school years at its peak. It's like I was invited to a party and didnt go, then the next day people are telling me about it and I just regret not going. Sucks kinda. Oh well, no good dwelling on the past, just need to fix my future. Or my present for that matter.









This is my anthem on my days off. XD I love it. They are an example of my non-rap interests. Even though De La Soul makes an appearance, this is one of my favorite non-rap records. And yeah it took me a while to realize that it really was De La.

No comments: