Monday, April 21, 2008

it's like i'm in a race against time

defined
tranquility - n. 1. free from commotion or tumult; peaceful; quiet; calm
2. free from or unaffected by disturbing emotions; unagitated; serene; placid





I went fishing and I caught nothing. I sat out there for about 4 hours doing nothing but sitting there watching the water and waiting for something to pull on the string. It may seem as if I wasted my time but I enjoyed myself very much. In fact, I had such a great time, I am going to do it more often. It was my first time fishing so I was learning as I go. And I learned that I had experienced the true essence of fishing. Fishing isn't about going out and catching fish. Fishing is about going out and embracing the nature and wildlife while soaking up the beautiful images of the calm lake. It's about getting away from the urban life and appreciating the life that God gave us to begin with. It's always going to be there and it will never let us down. It's also about meditation. It's about reflecting your life's image off of the lake water and looking at it from an outsider's point of view. It teaches you that if you are on the outside looking in you can grasp the true image that is being conveyed. It let's you think deeply about life and love. About what is right or wrong, true or false, clear or faint. It is the greatest oracle of life. Yet noone knows this because the preferable thing to do is party or drink. The feeling it gave me was pure as a baby's consience, though. But all in all, fishing is relaxation of the mind. If your lucky you catch a fish. The high point of the day is not a moment. It was the whole day in itself. It was 4/20 and I wasn't smoking. Didn't even drink. Not even a Newport or Black n' Mild. Not even. I was with my counselor and we had a conversation that made me realize that I might still go to the military. But I'll play it smart and go to the Air Force, 'cuz I don't see myself going to Iraq in this lifetime. So I do my 3 or 4 years and I'm set for life. All this and more came to mind all while fishing. [Better than a cruise XD]

Chocolate Skittles taste like ass. Black people ass. And Detroit lost to the Sixers?? Grrrr.

Here is a verse fragment. It is def going to the studio.

There aint a booth today you wanna see me in
You like crackers to Obama, you don't wanna see me win
Let the siege begin, your battle is lost
Niggaz is Robert DeNeiro, they only actin a boss

I gotta admit. I amazed myself this time. I can definitely build off of this.


I think this is my present day role model. He has that NY super lyrical vibe and this song is a classic. It talks about how hip-hop isn't what it used to be.


"I wake up, hip-hop. Go to sleep, hip-hop. Dream about hip-hop. Cuz I am hip-hop."

-Joell Ortiz, Hip Hop

No comments: