Friday, March 28, 2008

i cant live without my ipod?

defined
martial - adj. inclined or disposed to war; warlike
arts - n. the principles or methods governing any craft or branch of learning

The Art of War. Martial arts. Get it? Yeah. lol I've decided I'm gettin back into shape. I got tired the other day after ONE game of basketball. I USED to be able to play all day and then bust out like 200 pushups. NOW I can only do barely 50 in one minute. I USED to be able to do more. My max is probably my body weight. It USED to be 165. I'm going to take Hopchido [dunno how to spell it] which is the art of using your opponents force against him kind of thing. Perfect for somone my size. Requires skill not strength which is what all of my athletic ability is based on. Skill. NOT natural athleticism. Werd. Also I am going to STUDY, not practice, the principles of Tae Kwon Do and Jujitsu, which is kicking and grappling.

Anyway, I had an epiphany. Well Sun Tzu says, "The ultimate goal of war is peace." So I compare his book to real life. If the ultimate goal for war is peace, then what is the ultimate goal of life? Life is a struggle as is war. Life is war. So we know what happens when a war is over depending on the victor. What happens after life? Who is the victor? If those questions are answred then what is the point of life? I mean I always thought you were supposed to enjoy life but people make it hard. So its true. Life's a bitch then you die. Hmph. So my epiphany was that we do things because we want to enjoy life. Mass confusion stirs in my head as I write this. Really though, in the end noone makes it out alive. Well life truly is a bitch, but right about now I am not lookin for a divorce cuz once I leave her she aint takin me back. No matter how bitchy she is, I'm stayin till she dumps me.

Today I was hangin with some people I know and they started going crazy with the limewire. So I started downloading all the songs where THEIR songs originated from. I hurt their feelings because they thought these people were smart enough to come up with shit by themselves. They were depressed. Like "Calabria" and "Stronger" and "Touch It". Yeah it put a smile to my face for some reason. And don't even get me started on what I did when they played Jay-Z. But yeah they had a small rim and I was dunkin like Lebron James. XD 'Twas fun.

Watch "The Professional". Classic. I love it. He is an assassin and he takes in a little girl who wants to be an assassin as well after her family was murdered by the DEA over a bad drug deal. It is a must-see movie. And the song at the end when the credits are shown, I MUST know what it is called.

Another classic. Beat Street. A movie about back in the day when hip-hop was beggining to form. Back when people aint shoot eachother to solve issues. They breakdanced, or dj'ed, or staight up outperformed the other person. Afrika Bambaataa's in it, along with old DJ's such as Jazzy Jay, and beatboxer's like Doug E. Fresh. It's just a movie that shows an age in which I wish we lived in now. meh.


There was SUPPOSED to be a video here. I'll fix it. Here is the link. Enjoy.

NYC Breakers Vs. The Rock Steady Crew
Scene from Beat Street
(I used to live down the block from where the Rock Steady Crew originated from. I was on 183rd and Hughes. They came from Crotona Ave. Right down the block BOOY!)

Going to Mardi Gras to see LL Cool J and I'm bringin my number one fan. So if you show support to Skit-zen A.K.A. Skitie's blog, you may be the lucky contest winner. Good luck. =D

No comments: