Friday, May 9, 2008

i seen better punchlines at the prom waitin for drinks

A good number of my blog titles have been lines from songs. Just thought I'd share which songs they are from. The one in my title is from a freestyle Jin did with Cassidy.

"Lyrics are liquor for the fallen soldier"
Common, The People from Finding Forever (2007)

Money Over Bullshit: Nas actually made a song called Money Over Bullshit (2006). I came up with the concept before I was aware of this. Its on his Hip Hop Is Dead album, so of course I'm not too fond of his latter music.

i cant live without my ipod=I Can't Live Without My Radio by LL Cool J from Radio (1985): Basically noone uses radios anymore. I sure wish they would cause technology is going to get people too comfortable with it to the point that they wont be able to survive without it. Plus I would love it if we could take it back to the old school style. Its much more my "e-steelo". lol

"Starvin like Marvin for a Cool J song"
LL Cool J, Rock The Bells from Radio (1985)

"Can I live till my last day"
Biggie Smalls Ft. The L.O.X., Last Day from Life After Death (1997)
(It was actually Jadakiss on that hook)

"Your arm's too short to box with God"
Nas, You're The Man from Stillmatic (2001)

"Bond is my life, so I live by my word"
Nas, Suspect from It Was Written (1996)

"In 9th grade, I aint go to high school, I went to school high"
L.O.X., Recognize from We Are The Streets (2000)

"It's like I'm in a race against time"
Joell Ortiz Ft. Jadakiss and Saigon, Hip Hop (Remix) from The Brick: Bodega Chronicles (2007)
(That was from Saigon's verse)

"I've got sunshine in a bag"
Gorillaz, Clint Eastwood from Gorillaz (2005)

"The pimp in me may have to die with you"
Common, Come Close To Me from Electric Circus (2002)

"Rich man, poor man, read the headlines"
Ghostface Killah, Motherless Child from Ironman (1996)

No comments: