Monday, January 5, 2009

Biggie-Biggie-Biggie Smalls is the illest

I figured I'd do 4 more right now to get em out the way.
This track is also produced by Primo. I love the sounds he used, and when the beat drops and you hear Biggie, "Live from Bedford Stuyverson, the livest one, representin BK to the fullest", you cant help but start noddin ya muthafucking head. Not Big's best lyrical performance, but the beat kept it alive. Kudos Primo. Here is "Unbelievable" off of "Ready To Die" in '94.




This song is what puts Biggie under classic hip hop. His ability to story tell. "I Got A Story To Tell" is about him in bed with a girl and her husband gets home while he's still there. Crazy. This was probably Biggie's best aspect, was his story telling ability. Here's "I Got A Story To Tell" off of his '97 "Life After Death. Production by Buckwild and Chucky Thompson.





She giggled, saying I'm smokin on homegrown

Then I heard a moan, "Honey I'm home"

Yep, tote chrome for situations like this

I'm up in his broad, I know he won't like this

Now I'm like bitch, you better talk to em

Before the fifth put a spark to em


Alot of people know this intro.


When I die, fuck it I wanna go to hell

Cuz Im a piece a shit, it aint hard to fuckin tell

It dont make sense goin to heaven with the goodie goodies

Dressed in white, I like black Timbs and black hoodies

God'll probly have me on some real strict shit

No sleepin all day, no gettin my dick licked

Hangin with the goodie goodies, loungin in paradise

Fuck that, I wanna tote guns and shoot dice


Produced by Lord Finesse off his '94 "Ready To Die" is "Suicidal Thoughts". Which starts off him contemplating suicide to Puffy over the phone and then commiting suicide. Once again, his ability to story tell is remarkable.






Definitely a HOOD CLASSIC. Sampled from "Between The Sheets" by The Isley Brothers. Wow I would throw ALL the mothafucking lyrics but you should know em already.

Straight up honey, really I'm askin

Most of these niggaz think they be mackin

But they be actin, who they attractin

With that line? What's yo name? What's yo sign?

As soon as he by that wine

I just creep up from behind

And ask you what yo interests are

Who you be with? things that make you smile

What numbers to dial? You gone be here for a while?

Chorus: I love it when ya call me Big Poppa.

Throw ya hands in tha air if yous a true playa

I love it when you call me Big Poppa

To my honeys gettin money, playin niggaz like dummys

I love it when you call me Big Poppa

You got a gun up in ya waist? Please dont shoot up the place. "Why?"

Cuz I see some ladies tonight, that should be havin my baby, baby

Off of "Ready To Die" and produced by Puffy and Chuck Thompson is "Big Poppa".

peace, love, and nappiness

No comments: